Sunday, February 26, 2012

What kind of Gas Mileage does a BMW e30 318 get?

I'm looking for something small and RWD but still pretty good on gas. I've heard that these get really good mileage (30-35) but the official numbers are saying that it's really bad. (17-22) What's the deal?



Also, approximatly how much would a full paint job be for a sedan?What kind of Gas Mileage does a BMW e30 318 get?I have an E30 325i. I get around 25 mpg on the freeway and I go around 80 mph. I also live in san diego where it is pretty hilly and that really effects mpg. You can get 30 easy as long as the engine is still tight. If you get one change out the fuel, air and oil filter. Oil change, new spark plugs, wires and distributor cap along with the O2 sensor and you will be good. Those parts online should only cost 300 dollars and all are easy enough to put in yourself.



You can also look into the 325 or 325e or 325es Those three models were all carburated and tuned for maximum fuel efficency. They only rev to about 4K so the engines are not as stressed as their higher strung cousins. I know people with 250K miles on them and they get around 35 MPG.



A paintjob for a daily driver, you can just get one of those Earl Sheib or Maaco deals. 500 dollars or so. It helps to do a lot of the prep yourself. When I get my car done next spring I will be removing all the trim and tape off all the glass along with removing all the lights and grill that way all the guys have to do is shoot it. It is really easy with an E30, like the bumper is only held on with 2 nuts!What kind of Gas Mileage does a BMW e30 318 get?it depends on the condition of the car. if its poorly maintained, then it won't get the same mileage as wen it was new. But they had great mileage new. as for the paint, it depends on the quality, and if you're trying to switch colors or just get a respray.
  • ameren missouri
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment