Sunday, February 26, 2012

How do I deactivate the alarm on my 1992 BMW 320i?

My car's alarm system is active at the moment and my remote ran out of battery and can't cancel the alarm. I disconnected the buzzer to stop the noise but the alarm system is still ongoing. I can say that because the LED is constantly on. My battery will get drained. What shall I do? How do I deactivate the alarm on my 1992 BMW 320i?Look at the old battery that came out of the remote. It's probably 1.5 volts. Get a AA battery and with someone else's help, hold a small wire against the + of the battery and another against the - and then hold the other ends to where the + and - go inside the remote. Then press the button to turn it off. It will be tricky, but will work. If it's 3 volts then hold two batteries together and then use the + of one battery and the - of the other. But even if it was 3 volts, I bet that 1.5 volts would work at least once.

One other option is that some alarms will deactivate once the key is in the ignition and turned on.How do I deactivate the alarm on my 1992 BMW 320i?Can you put a new battery in the remote ?How do I deactivate the alarm on my 1992 BMW 320i?get a new battery

No comments:

Post a Comment