Sunday, February 26, 2012

Why doesn't my stereo on my BMW Z3 work after changing the battery?

my Z is a 1999 with 52,000 miles. The battery recently needed to be replaced. The code does not bring my stereo system back to life even though the bmw dealership says it is the correct code. they don't have an answer why it isn't working. any suggestions?Why doesn't my stereo on my BMW Z3 work after changing the battery?Who replaced you battery? If the terminals were accidentally reversed - even for a second, it could fry some electronics in the car; including the radio.



Check your radio manual, there usually is a slip of paper called "radio certificate" with the serial number and code for your radio. But if it still refuses to work, don't worry. You are in the "right season" to be looking for a new radio... your BMW radio is quite basic compared to even sub-$200 aftermarket radios.



With Black Friday coming up, this might be a good time to look at a new radio - since your Z3 uses a standard DIN sized radio.



Crutchfield.com just sent me an email... they have a JVC HD-radio equipped head unit for $159 that will definitely fit your car! (See link) It is also compatible to both XM and Sirius satellite radio (with an add-on module).



I've also listed 2 other interesting choices for you. All name brand manufacturers.



These guys will also supply you with the correct wiring harness for your Z3 to make the installation a plug-and-play process.



Good luck!Why doesn't my stereo on my BMW Z3 work after changing the battery?Well maybe the radio has been changed before? Pulling out the radio and checking the serial number will end the question if the code is the right code. Its been a long time since I entered a code incorrectly and I am not sure if its the same system as the older BMW radios. But if you enter the code wrong 3 times you have to leave the car on for 2 hours I think in order for the radio to accept another input.Why doesn't my stereo on my BMW Z3 work after changing the battery?Needs codes reset!.

No comments:

Post a Comment