Thursday, February 23, 2012

How do you like the BMW 3 series coupe?

I am thinking about purchasing a BMW 328i or 335i Coupe. Does anyone own one of these vehicles? Do you recommend the 328i or 335i and why? How much are the maintenance costs/oil changes and such? Thanks!How do you like the BMW 3 series coupe?You did not mention if buying new or used, or what year...

The 328 is much more reliable, engine wise, but the twin turbo is twice as fun to drive. It is seriously quick car for a daily driver. If you are going for the twin turbo, get stick if not forget it.

Unless you have plenty of extra to PROPERLY MAINTAIN the car then don't buy it. I see way to many people driving BMW's and Mercs when they just cannot afford it, the car make look nice from the outside(that is until you get it on the lift and look at mess underneath), a poorly maintained BMW makes you look like a tool to your mechanic. Honestly, I have seen more e90's that are just junk, because they have not been maintained right, than any other car except for maybe the e65... I have seen e36's with 400,000 miles and running like new... good luck doing that with an e90 that you did not buy new (and properly maintain)

I am going to be brutally honest with you. I work on these cars for a living, and last year our shop had more BMW'S (04 AND NEWER) come in tow trucks, then actually drove in...
The whole BMW first 4 year maintenance package thing the dealer gives when you buy a new car is BULLSHIT, there are several pending lawsuits because of this...
BE VERY CAREFUL buying a used BMW, if these cars have been not maintained properly, you are buying a serious headache. The thing is with these cars is they are sensitive, and one problem can quickly lead to 100 other problems if it is not fixed right, quickly. Reliability is so so, at best.. with these models. ALSO some of these just have weird problems, electrical and otherwise, not even related to maintenance... Approach with caution.

Of course I get a thumbs down for being honest and happening to work in the business.. Look up the class action lawsuit I am referring to. Used BMW's especially the e90 series, especially the first model year (2004) are notorious for being total pieces OF ****. The only thing worse would be an 04 745, you don't even want to know how often those break down...
I just do not understand why people give me a thumbs down when I am being totally honest. I know the 3 series if one the best cars ever made - in general-- but 04/05 is a really bad year and the quality of BMW has gone downhill BIG TIME since 04/05. The e46 was the last REAL 3 SERIES! And e39 vs e60, in terms of quality, reliability, is a JOKE!

Get a Mercedes-Benz, there is no comparison. (the difference between BMW AND MERC factory service interval is that BMW 4 YEAR PLAN RUINS THESE CARS)Or, if you like the sporty feel of the Bimmer go with AUDI, they drive even sportier than BMWS and break down just as much, maybe even a bit more .. only diff. is parts are a bit more on the Audi. If you really want a sweet BMW for a daily driver, that is plenty of car but not too much car (like m3), and is OK on gas, but a JOY to drive, and not to bad maintenance wise, GET AN THE LAST MODEL YEAR E46 330ci with the 6 speed SMG!

that's my rant, now i wait for 100 thumbs down.How do you like the BMW 3 series coupe?
If you properly maintain it then you should be fine. I own an 09 x5 and it came with 4 years 50k warranty when it was brand new. Thank god it came with a warranty otherwise out of pocket I would have to pay for my ac blower going bad, or my rear electronic trunk, so these cars do have some electrical problems I'm not going to lie but that doesn't stop me from loving this brand. Go for a 335i coupe and you won't regret it.How do you like the BMW 3 series coupe?I have a 2003 BMW XI AWD black on black and it only cost me 12k with 40k miles. I love it. If I had the money to get a NEW BMW I would go for the 335Ci or Cic or 5 series only. The 328i's series although powerful look like female vehicles... sorry man...The lines are just too feminine for me. GET AN M3!! The world is gonna end soon!How do you like the BMW 3 series coupe?
GET A 335I ITS WAY BETTER AND THERE IS A SAYING IF U CAN GET A BUN U CAN GET THE BUTTER ON IT SAME THING WITH THE BMW IF U CAN OWN A BMW THEN YOU SHOULD OWN THE MAINTENANCE. I JUST DID AN OIL CHANGE IN MY 2005 BMW 545I AND I PAYED $120 AT BMW SERVICEHow do you like the BMW 3 series coupe?Incredible cars. Car and driver consistently picks the 3 series in it top ten, year after year, for over 18 years straight. There is no other model, or make, that can make that claim.

No comments:

Post a Comment