Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What are common problems of a BMW 318ti?

I own a BMW 318ti and I was driving it one day and all of a sudden when i was turning the car just shut down, i got it to start back up again and then later that day the same thing happened but only now it won't even start or turnover when we try to start it. And I just recently replaced the battery. Does anyone know what the problem might be?What are common problems of a BMW 318ti?My 318ti recently had to have its mass airflow meter replaced. After years of use, the flap can jam; causing insufficient air to get into the engine. This translates to inability to idle, dirty exhaust gases.



According to the mechanic who replaced the part, it's a common problem for most older BMW, but especially the 4 cylinder models.



Luckily, my ti is a manual, so I was able to keep the revs high enough to drive to the garage. I figured if I had an auto, it would be pretty hard, or maybe I would need to get my feet on both gas and brakes!



Good luck!What are common problems of a BMW 318ti?i was driving my 96 318ti one night and it just shut off in the middle of the road. then i turned it back on and it wouldnt go past 2 gear (the car is automatic) and all the lights came on abs, airbag, check engine. took it to my dads shop he hooked it up to his scanner cleaned all the codes and then it was fine. it only did that once but it was really weird

No comments:

Post a Comment