Sunday, January 29, 2012

Is there any way I can put a six cylinder engine in my 95 318ti BMW?

I have a 95 318ti BMW, four cylinder, and I am in the process of remodeling and would like to upgrade my engine as well. Is there any possible way I could find a six cylinder engine to replace the one I have now and if so, would it be worth all the hassel?Is there any way I can put a six cylinder engine in my 95 318ti BMW?You should be able to replace it with a BMW 320i engine. They are the same model car but you might have to find different motor mounts.Is there any way I can put a six cylinder engine in my 95 318ti BMW?yes you can swap many different engines into that car. you could put in an M3 engine if you wanted. it would be "worth the hassle" to swap in the M3 engine if you

a. need more power

b. can deal with worse gas mileage

c. can deal with a heavier front end

d. can afford buying the M3 engine, suspension upgrades (for heavier weight), and brakes (for more weight and higher speeds), and possibly even the transmission and differential.



You can find all of these things used, but an engine swap is certainly not cheap. most people with the 318ti have one because of the peppy 4 cylinder and its compact size, making it very nimble. if you want to make your car faster you can do many other things that are cheaper and more reasonable.Is there any way I can put a six cylinder engine in my 95 318ti BMW?I agree with the last answer. It would be worth it to do the M3 swap but it might be more reasonably priced to go with a 325, 328, or 330 engine instead. I think that those engine will take less effort to swap as well.Is there any way I can put a six cylinder engine in my 95 318ti BMW?
oh yaa, pop the m3 engine in that and it will fly cuz it's lighter
  • pearson prentice hall
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment