Sunday, January 29, 2012

How do I get the oxidation off of my chrome trim on my BMW?

2004 BMW with chrome trim around the doors has really bad oxidation. I tried turtle wax chrome polish but that did not work, need something elseHow do I get the oxidation off of my chrome trim on my BMW?First, the bad news...your BMW's chrome isn't chrome. It's either clear anodized aluminum, or aluminized mylar (plastic). If it's anodized aluminum, get a tub of Mother's Mag and Aluminum polish. If it's aluminized mylar, the only real way to fix the problem is to replace the trim.How do I get the oxidation off of my chrome trim on my BMW?
sos pad and a bucket of water works wellHow do I get the oxidation off of my chrome trim on my BMW?Try a brillo pad or an SOS pad. They work wonders and do a great job. Also, you can find some type of a chrome cleaner at some stores (probably like a old small town hardware store)...not sure if the big supercenter stores would have that stuff or not.How do I get the oxidation off of my chrome trim on my BMW?
once oxidation occur, there is no repair for it but to replace it.How do I get the oxidation off of my chrome trim on my BMW?Try a product called Noxon. It's hard to find but is superior to any chrome cleaner I've found. I've been using it since the '60s with excellent results.

No comments:

Post a Comment