Sunday, January 29, 2012

Does my 91 bmw 318is not have a distributor cap or rotor button?

I'm trying to tune up my new 91 bmw 318is and i cant find anybody that sells a distributor cap or rotor button does this car not have them?Does my 91 bmw 318is not have a distributor cap or rotor button?A 318i sedan have them (distributor cap, rotor and ignition coils).

But a 318is coupe does not (it already uses an ecu coupled to newer style ignition coils).

It could be hard looking for them since they are not high volume items

so non-oem replacement parts would be rare.

But I am sure your nearby BMW dealer can order it for you (of course at a premium).

Look at the right front area of your engine. If you see a distributor- looking roundish cover then yours has a distributor. Otherwise it would have a rectangular box that houses the coils.Does my 91 bmw 318is not have a distributor cap or rotor button?No my friend the M42 engine does not have distributor cap or rotor button, it is electronic distributing.



In the pic the black box closes to the cam is the distributor. As you can see there is no distributor cap or rotor button.

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/1357/2061/3391030006_large.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment