Sunday, January 29, 2012

Should I put a supercharger on my BMW 325i?

I have a 2001 BMW 325i and am looking for a little more horsepower. The stock motor produces 184 HP. I learned about a supercharger/intercooler combination that will raise the output to 300 HP. Will this put too much stress on the engine, or would it be OK?Should I put a supercharger on my BMW 325i?Unless you have a professional engine tuner doing the work, plus a complete fuel system that goes with the supercharger, I would not do it. There are many reasons behind this. The number one being that if you bought a used E46 M3, you would get all those goodies and the car would already be built to handle all the extra power. Uprated brakes, tires, suspension, drive-line, fuel system, and etc. You could easily find one for under $20k. It is worth saving for a stock M3 because all the parts were meant to work together and you will save yourself a ton of headaches later.Should I put a supercharger on my BMW 325i?I think it would be ok to supercharge as it will boost the efficiency.Should I put a supercharger on my BMW 325i?+1 on everything jensen said. BMWs are best N/A. if you want more power get a tighter diff ratio.

No comments:

Post a Comment