Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I need a good diet cookbook similar to the Mediterranean diet?

There's a great one coming out in June, but I don't want to wait that long.



I can't find one good Mediterranean Diet themed cookbook. Most of them are really old, have bad reviews that say there's too much factual info and use scarce ingredients or don't have pictures (I'm a visual cook)



Anyone know of any good cookbooks similar to the Mediterranean thing?

I need something that uses lots of veggies, chicken, fish and has EASY recipes. I hate cooking for more than an hour.

Something recent and not gimmicky.

And something GEARED DIRECTLY TOWARDS RECIPES.



I wanted to stress that because I have a lot of factual books, my issue with trying to lose weight is that I just don't know what to cook so I need some recipes to give me an idea that are simple. I search online but it's just a headache after awhile. I want a good book that can go to for many recipes for different times or day that won't take a lot of prep work.



Just something simple and healthy. Any help, PLEASE?I need a good diet cookbook similar to the Mediterranean diet?
I do not have a recommendation for a book but you should try www.cookinglite.com. Even foodnetwork.com or epicurious.com and search healthy meals.I need a good diet cookbook similar to the Mediterranean diet?
Rodale books puts out a pretty good book called Prevention Healthy Cooking "Lose Weight the Smart Low-Carb Way" by Bettina Newman, r.d., and David Joachim



There are lots of pictures in there. The first 79 pages are info about low-carb including menu ideas for different calorie levels (7 days of those). From page 80 to 357 are all recipes that are low-carb. There are also dessert recipes in there using Splenda but you could probably substitute Stevia if you'd like.



Hope that helps.I need a good diet cookbook similar to the Mediterranean diet?
Get a Weight Watchers cook book. The recipes are easy and practical.

No comments:

Post a Comment